Casto Creations - Elegant Jewelry Designs

Handcrafted jewelry using gemstones, glass, Swarovski crystal, sterling, Precious Metal Clay, vermeil, gold, and other materials. And some random thoughts thrown in just for kicks.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Not Built for Heat

God made sure I was born in a state that rarely experiences uber-hot weather. Unfortunately, the last few days have been uber-hot. My poor doggies are miserable and can't stop panting. I wish I could pant to cool off!

It was 101 in my town on Friday. The last few days have peaked 95. Inside our living right now it is 91.5 degrees. Nope...no air conditioning. I've been stubborn. It seems ridiculous to spend money on an air conditioning unit that we only really need a couple times a year. But now I'm ready to go get one right now! If only for my poor puppies.

All that Siberian Husky fur isn't cooling. I even put out a couple bowls of just ice, which started melting immediately, and they lapped them up pretty quickly.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow...for the air conditioning alone! LOL

Even with the horrendous heat I managed to get a lot done. Hubby and I ripped out the guest room carpet and foam. He pulled up the boards along the walls. And then today a wonderful friend came over and suffered with me to paint the walls. We actually finished. wahoo! So now the walls are a light peach. No more green. And hubby now gets to start working on the new flooring. It is going to be so pretty when it's done.

Now if it would only cool down. I can handle 70s...but 90s, even 80s are just too much for me. I don't know how people do it who live in typically hot areas. Although I guess most folks in those areas have air conditioning. *sigh* I'm dreaming of cool air right now! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:58 AM, Blogger The Rendezvous said…

    Hey cas,

    I am sure it will be very cold compared to where I am at the moment, Dubai was double that..

    anyways..keep it cool..enjoy the season

     

Post a Comment

<< Home