Casto Creations - Elegant Jewelry Designs

Handcrafted jewelry using gemstones, glass, Swarovski crystal, sterling, Precious Metal Clay, vermeil, gold, and other materials. And some random thoughts thrown in just for kicks.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Remember D-Day and Those Who Served

I had no idea that the Coast Guard played a large role in the success of the allied invasion on D-Day. But you learn something everyday and I was directed to a website that tells about the Coasties and their role.

"Coast Guardsmen manned 99 warships and large landing vessels for Operation Neptune and dozens of smaller landing craft. The Coast Guard lost more vessels that day than on any single day during its history..."

It just reminds me how proud I am of my hubby...an ex-Coastie...for his service. And how much I love all our military men and women for their service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home