Casto Creations - Elegant Jewelry Designs

Handcrafted jewelry using gemstones, glass, Swarovski crystal, sterling, Precious Metal Clay, vermeil, gold, and other materials. And some random thoughts thrown in just for kicks.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm a Junkie...I admit it

I'm a junkie. I'm totally hooked. To that evil box. The boob tube. I cannot be in the house without at least one television on. We have three hooked up and a spare just in case.

What is it about having the TV on? When I was in school I even studied with the TV on. And I got decent grades too. As and Bs.

And I watch the weirdest things. Who would've thought that a show about Crab Fishing would enthrall me so much. On the Discovery Channel there is a show called Deadliest Catch...I'm watching it right now (aren't you shocked?) ... I'm totally hooked on it and I have no idea why.

But then again I'm hooked on a lot of shows. That's why our new DVR (poor man's Tivo, we use Comcast's box) is great...or not so great depending on how you look at it. I'm able to tape House and Scrubs while watching Deadliest Catch. Plus I don't have to stay up late to watch Law & Order SVU.

My long list of favorites includes America's Next Top Model (stop laughing), Survivor, House, Bones (this show rocks!), Apprentice, Surface (waiting for the next season), Alias (I've got the last few seasons on DVD), CSI (the original one only), My Name is Earl, and the Office. Oh but that's not all. I also LOVE watching reruns of Seinfeld, Friends, King of Queens, That 70s Show, and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Needless to say, my weekends are for catching up. There's never a whole lot of good shows on Sundays so it's either movies or DVR.

Heck, if I could get cable at my desk at work I'd have it on during the day too! Actually, I admit it...when I work at home I'm on the couch with the laptop in front of the 42 incher.

It's a little sad...okay, it's pathetic. At least I admit that I have a problem and that's the first step right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home