Casto Creations - Elegant Jewelry Designs

Handcrafted jewelry using gemstones, glass, Swarovski crystal, sterling, Precious Metal Clay, vermeil, gold, and other materials. And some random thoughts thrown in just for kicks.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Great Article - What NOT to do

This is a great article about things NOT to do at a craft show.

10 Mistakes to Avoid Selling Crafts

I especially like the 'Taking Negative Comments Personally' ... I actually haven't experienced any too horrible comments. I did hear a "gawdy" comment in reference to one of my pieces but that didn't bother me too horribly. I would've once thought the same thing! But tastes change and so do styles.

I've heard a suggestion to the comment "I could make that" ... I'd say, "I'm sure you could. But will you?" With a smile of course. I have gotten the comment "My (sister, aunt, daughter, mom) makes this stuff." Ouch. That one bugs me the most. But...great answer..."What shows do they do?" Most will say that their relative/friend doesn't do any shows. It pretty much puts the conversation back under your control and can steer it back toward your work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home