Casto Creations - Elegant Jewelry Designs

Handcrafted jewelry using gemstones, glass, Swarovski crystal, sterling, Precious Metal Clay, vermeil, gold, and other materials. And some random thoughts thrown in just for kicks.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Spreading the Love

It's been a few days since my last post. Things have been crazy busy lately and then it was my turn to grandma-sit over the weekend (she's on hospice at home and can't be left alone so we're on shifts). Hopefully this week will be less crazy.

But I thought I'd share some of my favorite online vendors.

The first one is EdieCastle...a sweet woman who makes wonderful Satin pillowcases. I bought one for myself and my husband kept trying to steal my pillow. So I had to buy him his own! LOL She makes other things too but I love these pillowcases!

Next is Canadian Wood Crafts who makes hand carved wooden items from spoons to shelves. I bought my husband a right handed coffee spoon and he really liked it. The work and detail is amazing!

Oh So Retro is a super groovy gal. I bought a fabulous fabric business card case that has gotten many compliments. Great crafts-woman-ship.

I bought my mom a handpainted silk scarf from Crrysstall. Good thing my mom doesn't read blogs! It's a gorgeous scarf.

I've purchased half a dozen things already from Martinsville Emporium...from candles to chapstick. Hubby was burning one of her candles just last night and the smell just permeated the whole room and down the hall. I love that! And I've been using my Pina Colada chapstick ever since I got it. Even her soap smells good! Our bathroom always smells yummy just from the soap.

I just love buying from indepedent artists and small businesses. It's so much more personal than heading to Target. Don't get me wrong, I love Target. But it's much more rewarding to make a purchase that means as much to me as it does to the person I'm buying from. This list is by no means exhaustive so I'm sure I'll have more Spreading the Love posts...I like the shop. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi,

    i saw the post on bead and button about linking blogs, i've put a link to yours on mine and i hope you do the same.

    You have a very interesting blog here.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This kind of post is a great, kind idea. Thanks for all of the good reads :).

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Crystal J. Robinson said…

    Hey Megan! Thanks for the shout out - I appreciate it! I hope your mom will enjoy her scarf!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home